Joints, skin, bones, muscles, tendons… Their good condition largely depends on the levels we have of the collagenthe protein most abundant in the body. Collagen is responsible for elasticity of these tissues and the body produces it naturally but with age it is lost.
To help the body generate the necessary collagen and reduce age-related losses, it is important to include in the diet foods that provide complete protein (with all the essential amino acids) or which help generate collagen like vitamin C. The amino acids of food reaches the liver and it releases them when the cells need them to produce hormonesenzymes for specific functions, antibodies or even collagen.
The following food They contain this protein in their composition and other nutrients that help the body produce it.
1 | ten
Among foods of animal origin, meat is one of the best sources of collagen What can we find. By eating meat, we give our body the enough amino acids so that the cartilage and joints are in good condition.
- Choose the parts well. It is preferable the lean meat like chicken, turkey or rabbit. This way, you’ll avoid the saturated fats found in red meat (lamb, beef, or pork).
2 | ten
Including a few days a week in your diet a plate of sardines, a portion of mackerel or salmon fillets would be perfect for your cardiovascular healthr, but also for your skin and your bones.
- Its high content of omega-3 fatty acids prevents cell oxidation and acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
3 | ten
Although its main quality is its protein content, the egg is also distinguished by its collagen producer. This contributes to strong bone mass.
- It is recommended to have a complete and balanced diet including two eggs a week.
4 | ten
Not only are foods of animal origin rich in collagen, but also fruits and vegetables are an interesting source of this protein. This is the case, for example, with lemon, a fruit full of vitamin C which acts as a natural antioxidant.
- Lemons contribute to the production of collagen and, therefore, makes our skin smoother and rejuvenated.
5 | ten
The reason for including this vegetable in the gallery is in the sulfur container. This substance helps improve blood circulation (including the scalp) and increases the production of collagen.
- Add a few pieces to your salads. To avoid tears you can try one of the many tricks floating around. Among them, leave the onion in the freezer for at least an hour before cutting it.
6 | ten
a handful of walnuts, pistachios, pine nuts, hazelnuts or chestnuts It can be a good way to take care of your skin.
- Its high content of omega 3, omega 6 and omega fatty acids 9 stimulate the production of collagen, which will soon show visible results with smoother skin.
7 | ten
peppers and tomatoes
They contain lycopenea substance which, in addition to being a excellent antioxidant, contribute to collagen secretion. You will also find it in watermelon, cherries, strawberries or even raspberries.
- At this time of year, so prone to colds, a vitamin C supplementfound in particular in peppers.
8 | ten
Milk, cheese and yogurts
The dairy products In general, they have a high protein content, so promotes collagen production in the organism.
- we advise you that you choose their versions skimmedyou will avoid its intake of saturated fats.
9 | ten
Among fruits rich in collagen, strawberries occupy a favorite place. This food protect collagen in our body and also provides many antioxidants.
- a perfect snack mid-morning, it could be a bowl of mixed chopped strawberries with pieces of fresh cheese.
10 | ten
Its rich composition in glycine and proline They improve the structures of various body tissues, mainly bones, cartilage, tendons and ligaments, being recommended for people with osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
- For the most natural benefits gelatin it is better that you choose the presentation tasteless and you apply the natural flavors with the fruits you want.
Are collagen supplements necessary?
Although there are not many or very comprehensive studies on the effectiveness of collagen supplements, the general opinion is that if your diet is balanced, it won’t be necessary include this type of product in your diet.
With its intake, you get an increase in the amount of amino acids that your body can use to produce more collagen. However, this does not mean that he will increase his production, especially if you were already consuming a sufficient amount through food.
Moreover, there are voices of science who doubt that the shortage of this protein is the main culprit in the degeneration of the skin and joints, since there are many other factors involvedas the deterioration of elastinanother skin protein, and environmental oxidative stress.
#Foods #Rich #Collagen #Care #Skin #Joints